Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not enough thoughts....

Everyday for the past week, i've wanted to update my blog, but i feel like i don't have anything to write about.  For a person with so much to say... why can't i find the words??   
I guess i will just tell you about our weekend.  Greg's mom came up from Indiana for the weekend.  Friday night we met her for dinner at Beef O'Brady's.  It's a really nice little Irish Bar/Grill here in Wadsworth.  Greg and I had only eaten there once before but we really enjoyed it and had been waiting for an opportunity to go back.  When we left the restaurant, his mom suggested we go shopping somewhere so she could get me some things for my birthday.  I obviously wasn't going to refuse that offer, so we headed over to Kohl's.  I got a new pair of capri's a new shirt and a necklace.  She told me we could go back out on Saturday and get a few more things.  I didn't really know what i wanted for my birthday... i think the older you get, the harder it is to come up with things.  Sadly, what i came up with was a new blender.   I know, so sad.  Well, my mom got me some new clothes and she is going to take me out shopping again in a couple weeks to get me a new bathing suit for vacation.  So, i was trying to think of something that wasn't clothes and well, i need a new blender and haven't had the extra money to go out and get myself one.  The kids and I have been making smoothies alot lately, but we've been using my little Hamilton Beach, piece of junk.  I have to put the ice into it one at a time or it gets jammed up.   Its pathetic and annoying!  So, Saturday we went to Walmart and I got my new blender AND she got us a new Foreman grill.  We loved our George Foreman and we had gotten it as a wedding gift 5 years ago, well it finally bit it and we had to throw it out.   We are grilling people and when the weather isnt nice enough to grill outside, its nice to have an alternative.   I was super pumped because its even one that has the removable plates that you can stick in the dish washer--- that's just genius!!!   Needless to say, i left Walmart a happy camper on Saturday-- i don't care if its sad that i got a blender and Foreman for my birthday AND i'm really excited about it.    
Well after our Walmart trip we went and ate at Bob Evans... talk about a PIG!! They have these new Biscuit Bowls, and i think they are just a little touch of heaven on earth.  I'm a sucker for any kind of bread bowl... i love them with soup, i love them with dips and now i can love them with breakfast in them.  AH-MAY-ZING!!  I ate all my biscuit bowl and Greg and I also got a stuffed-cinnamon pancake to share.  Yeah, that was a bad idea.  I almost had to unbutton my pants when we were done.   After Bob Evans, we headed to Fairlawn to look for a lawn mower.  His mom had told him a while ago that she would buy him a new one (are you catching on-- SPOILED!!) So we went to Sears and he found one he really liked, it was like $75 more than she told him she would pay for one-- yeah, he's an only child, can you tell??   But we left Sears with a brand new mower and that's all that matters because our grass was like embarrassingly high.  We got home and he got it all put together and low and behold it started to rain, so he didnt get to use his new toy... i think he was bummed, but whatcha gonna do.   
Now its nap time, so we relaxed at home for a while and then his mom offered to stay with the kids at home while we went to get groceries.... on her, of course.  Well, who is gonna pass up FREE groceries, not I.  We decided to go get everything but the meat at Walmart and then from there we went to Beuhlers to get their 5 for 19.99 meat.   Its a really good deal.  We added it up and we ended up saving $10 on meat... that's awesome!!  Normally we have the kids with us, so grocery shopping needs to be as quick as possible to keep it painless, adding another stop to the trip would not be a good idea.   
We got home, put the groceries away and then it was time for dinner.... well who wants to cook, when you have a mother-in-law ready and willing to take you out??  (i know, i probably gained 50 pounds this weekend)  For dinner we headed back to Fairlawn for dinner at Longhorn... mmm, that's some good stuff!!!  I got French Onion Soup and Shrimp.  Perfect meal for the chilly rainy day that it was.   Greg and i had a $25 Barnes & Nobles giftcard so we went there next and each picked out a new book, then headed home for the evening.  
Sunday was Church.... my bro and Shannon met us there.  That was a nice surprise.  We were able to sit with our new friends that we met at Church and we really enjoyed the service.  I love this series they are doing about being stressed out.  I'm definitely getting a lot out of the services and i've missed that so much!  After Church was, you guessed it, time to go out to eat again.  We met his mom at my grandma's house (where she stays when she comes up) and visited for a few minutes.  Then we went to eat at Five Guys.  If you are a sucker for extremely huge, greasy hamburgers and fries.... THIS is the place for you. Don't get me wrong, its really, super delicious but MAN, i felt like crap after that.   
Greg's mom headed back to Indiana from there and we headed to my parents house in Canal Fulton.  I helped my mom make invitations for my baby cousins graduation party coming up next month.  So hard to believe, the baby is graduating.  Time sure does fly! 
I'm really looking forward to May! I think its going to be a great month.  Well, of course, we have Mother's day and then MY Birthday and VACATION!! Plus I have a full schedule of Tastefully Simple parties and other family things to look forward to.  It will be busy, but a great way to bring in the warm summer months!! (hopefully they are warm, does anyone remember last June, it was a cold one)!  
I'm hoping to have a more interesting post next time, maybe some pictures involved but this will have to do for now!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment