Monday, April 12, 2010

church, cuddling and shopping....

I love Sundays!  We have been to Church (Northside Christian in Wadsworth) for 3 weeks in a row now.   We really like it there, its not anywhere near what we are used to but we have grown to like it and the kids love it, plus its where Izzy is attending Preschool in the fall.  The sermon was written specifically for me yesterday.... i hate when that happens. lol  I've been having a hard time dealing with stress lately (ok, well my whole life) but more recently i've had a harder time overcoming some things and moving on.  Its effecting my relationship with my husband, my parenting capabilities, friendships and just my overall outlook on life and myself.  Greg and I have had some ups and downs in our marriage lately, we have been through some pretty big  changes and neither of us have actually dealt with them personally, so its putting a strain on our marriage.  Over the past couple of days, we were dealt some bad cards and we had no way to overcome this, except to sit down together and say "ok, are we going to let this be our breaking point or are we going to take this, move on and have a stronger relationship because of it"  Well, we chose the latter.  Greg is doing much better than i am... i have seen so many changes in him over the past few days and i'm falling in love with him all over again.  He has been so patient and calm with me and the kids and i cant help but get choked up just thinking about how much he really loves us.  He reached a point where he knew something had to change in order for us to be happy and move on and HE stepped up to the plate and is taking control of our household.  I'm so proud and I love him so much!!!  Some of you may be confused about what's going on.... its really a long story, it would take 12 posts to fully explain everything and quite frankly, i'm not really ready to put all our dirty laundry out for everyone to see right now.  
 Moving on though, yesterday was just a really good day for us as a family.... like i said, we went to Church in the morning, we went out to Marie's for Pizza afterwards with my parents and Chuck and his dad.  We came home and did some stuff around the house, Greg got the yard mowed and the kids played on their swingset (we finally got it all put together).  It was just really nice family time! We came inside to relax for a little bit before our "big shopping adventure" to come.  The kids were watching a movie and Greg and I were just able to sit on the couch and "cuddle" (that word makes me feel like we're 17).  It felt so nice, i've missed it alot, i love my kids and everything i do is for my kids, but i realize how much i've let my relationship with my husband slip away because i'm more focused on my children.  I know that its obviously a good thing to be focused on my children, but we haven't made enough time for US as a couple.  We don't even get to sleep next to each other at night, because we have an adorable, bed-hogging, 3 year old, little sleepmate, named Izzy.  She sleeps in between us EVERY night.  I think this is going to have to be our next step.... get Izzy in her own bed at night-pronto!  But anyway, the cuddling was fabulous and very much needed. 
So after super-cuddle time, Greg grilled up some pork chops outside (marinated with TS-Smoky Bacon Grill Sauce) and they were DELISH!!!  We had to eat quickly though because we had a "big shopping adventure" at 5:30 in Canal Fulton and we didn't want to be late.  We got the kids ready and headed out the door at 5:05 and we were on our way....
My mom texted me at 5:25 and said "there is a line outside the store".  Great!  ha ha   So we finally reached our destination and we had to park across the street in an abandoned parking lot and race over to get in the store..... LOL  I'm making myself laugh, we were just going to Goodwill.  ha ha.  They were having a Family & Friends Discount Sale, it wasn't open to everyone, only to those that had donated something in the past month and you had to have a special ticket to get in.  Things were anywhere from 75% to 10% off.   I love a good bargain.   We ended up getting quite a bit of stuff... Greg got 3 shirts and  a brand new Blue-Ray disk ( i would tell you the name, but i dont remember).  Izzy got 2 tank tops, 2 dresses, a shirt, a bathing suit (it was brand new w/ tags) and a pair of shoes.  Carter got a sports decoration for his room (ok that was really for me, but its for his room) and 2 pairs of shorts.  i got a pair of shorts and a Food Network cookbook.  My mom ended up paying for a few of things for the kids, but even with my stuff, Greg's stuff and a few of the kids things, we only spent $26.   I LOVE IT!!! 
So, now you see why I love Sundays.... church, cuddling and shopping- all with my favorite people on this earth!  It doesn't get much better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment