Monday, April 19, 2010

MIKE TYSON WAS IN TOWN?????

Well, i wanted to get more pictures to put with this post, but haven't gotten around to it yet.   We had a very eventful end to last week.  I feel pretty guilty because I was bored and wanted to get out of the house (and it was 80 degrees) so badly on Thursday, I tried calling my mom at work to see if she wanted to meet the kids and I for some lunch, but she was in training so she never answered the phone.   I finally got a hold of Katie to see if she wanted to hang out and she was off work, so we headed over there.  I took the kids to Taco Bell for lunch and then we went over to Chuck and Katie's, we played in the backyard and then Katie decided she wanted to go to Lowe's to get more flowers for her garden (which looks amazing, by the way).  So, we all piled in the van and headed to Lowe's, she got everything she needed and I even picked up some 1/2 price Tulips (i love Tulips) to put on my porch.  We went back to their house and Katie and I were digging up some dirt and planting flowers, with the help of gardener extraordinare, Izzy!! Carter was playing in the front yard, climbing steps, throwing dirt, typical boy stuff.  Izzy decided to dig a hole all by herself and when i went over to help her, i saw a snake.  I freaked! I grabbed Izzy and Katie yelled for Chuck.  He came out and verified that it was a snake, so he took the shovel and started stabbing it.  When he went inside to grab some gloves to pick the snake up, Katie, Izzy and I decided we would take a look at this snake, we walked over and saw the snakes neck snapped backwards and sighed relief that it wad dead!  Chuck came back out and picked up the snake and it was FAKE!! lol  We were dying, it was so hysterical, who the heck thought they were so stinkin funny and put a rubber snake in a flower garden.  HA HA HA! So that was the first event of the day.  So, we continued to plant the rest of our flowers, then Carter started to get fussy, so we went inside to watch some tv.   After about a half hour, both kids wanted to go back outside, so i headed out there with an Avon catalog to look through while the kids played.  Katie and I were sitting on the porch and the kids were doing their kid thing, running in the yard, climbing up and down the stairs.   Izzy came over to help me pick out some nail polish and then katie and I were discussing eyeshadow colors... all of the sudden Carter walks up the stairs and starts walking towards us, when he fell off the front edge of the porch.  His body was wedged between the porch and a wagon wheel.  He was screaming.  I didn't realized how badly he was hurt, because the kid falls all the time.   I got up and picked him up and that's when i saw all the blood, pouring from the side of his head.  I started screaming ( i know, not a good way to keep the kids calm) and Katie and I ran into the house to get a towel.  I started shaking really badly and i knew immediately that we needed to go the hospital.  Katie was my Godsend... she stayed calm and was helping me clean it up so we could see how much damage there really was.  She then agreed we needed to go the the ER.  We yelled for Chuck, Carter was still crying, Izzy was freaking out and we headed for the van.   Chuck came around front (he was in the backyard when all of this was going on) he saw what was going on and immediately grabbed my keys and said, "I'm driving, get in the van!" Well, i still had Izzy to worry about, so i tried to get her into the van, but she refused to go AND she was worried about me taking my Avon catalog. LOL  We decided that she would stay at the house with Chuck's dad and then Chuck would come back and get her after he dropped me, Katie and Carter off at the hospital.   We decided to just go to Wadsworth-Rittman, because its literally 5 minutes from our house.   So, Chuck's driving, I'm sitting in the passenger seat, Katie is sitting in Izzy's carseat (we didn't have the back bench in the van so she squished her butt in a carseat, I love her!!) Carter wouldn't sit in his carseat, plus Katie wanted to be able to keep pressure applied to his ear (she's such a good nurse)!  So she held Carter in the back (yeah yeah, all Laws go out the window in an emergency).  I called Greg, of course i started the conversation with "We are headed to the hospital"  so he was like "WHAT HAPPENED??" I tried to explain, through panic and tears, he got the basic idea of what happened and he said he would meet us there (he was already on his way home from work).   Carter was starting to calm down and actually was starting to fall asleep, so now we are trying to keep him awake, because we don't know if he has some sort of head injury.
We arrived at the hospital, we jumped out of the van, i grabbed Carter and we ran inside... i tried to explain what happened and give the lady my info, but i was having trouble... i couldn't remember my address, Carter's birthday... lol, yeah i was a mess!!   So, they send out a nurse and take us back and obviously we play 50 questions, all of which, i made Katie answer for me.  When the Dr. came in, he actually asked if Katie was the mom!! Lol, wow, i'm ridiculous, apparently!!  They decide that he needs stitches and they aren't going to sedate him, they are just going to basically "mummify" him and then just numb the ear to do the stitches.  By this time, Greg had showed up, my mom showed up and Chuck had showed back up with Izzy.  The hospital staff had to think we were loony toons!  We had 5 adults and a child there for poor Carter's first ER visit.  What the heck is wrong with us??? ds
  Well it was time for the stitches, only 1 parent was allowed in there, so i stayed in there with him as they wrapped him up to restrain him.  The DR. came in and numbed up his ear... Carter screamed, but once his ear was numb, he got really quiet.  He actually fell asleep through the whole stitching experience.  It was really hard to watch my baby all wrapped up like that and then to know that his poor little body was just exhausted and he fell asleep, my heart really couldn't handle any more.  He did so great.  They cleaned him up, gave us instructions and let all of our troops come back in to see him.  He was still asleep when they came in, then when i handed him over to Greg, he woke up, started smiling and waving to everyone.  It was as if nothing ever happened.  The nurse came back in and gave us our discharge papers and we headed on our way.  Carter waved and said "bye-bye" to the nurses and the Dr. and then it was off to the pharmacy to get the anti-biotic filled.
Greg and Chuck went back to our house with the kids and Katie left for adventure to find the prescription.  We first stopped at Beuhlers, because we don't technically have a "pharmacy" yet in Wadsworth, but I had gotten a prescription filled at Beuhlers a few weeks ago.  When i hand them the prescription, she says "oh sorry, we dont have that strength, maybe try Discount Drug Mart"  So Katie and I venture over to DrugMart.  Well imagine that, they don't have that strength either, so i explain to the girl that its for my almost 2 year old son that fell and got stitches and Beuhlers didnt have that strength either, blah blah blah!!  She nicely volunteers to call around for us.  She comes back and tells us that there aren't any pharmacies in the area with that strength.  The Pharmacist then comes over and tells us that he can give us double the strength and he will just take a 1/2 tsp. 3x a day instead of 1 tsp.  We agree that's the best idea so Katie and I walk around the store, i get some tylenol and pick out a toy for Carter and when we walk back to the pharmacy, the girl waves us over and says they haven't filled it yet because it's going to be $45 and she wanted to make sure we still want it.  I call Greg, he says that its our only option so go ahead and get it.  So as we are waiting, the Pharmacist then waves me over again and says that its actually going to be $56.  I'm like ok whatever, just fill it so i can go home.   They finally fill it and when i go to pay, she says "ok, well the $56 was actually for generic and we don't have generic so its actually supposed to be $84 but we will just go ahead and give you the generic price, because of all the confusion and we already filled it"  Well, gee, thanks!  Seriously, $84 for a damn prescription AND that was WITH insurance.   GRR!! Oh well, atleast they were nice and gave us the "generic price".
So we finally head home with our extremely expensive anti-biotic, tylenol and squirt guns.  When we get back to the house, Izzy is sleepin on the couch, Carter is playing with blocks and the guys are grilling some steaks. MMMM.  Just what the Dr prescribed.. good food with our amazing friends!!
We eat our steaks, salad and baked beans and follow it up with some icecream (you can't spend the evening in the ER and not have some icecream).  We sat outside, ate icecream and  the kids squirt us with their new guns.  What a great way to end our extremely eventful and stressful day!!  This made me realize how much i appreciate my beautiful babies, my hardworking husband, my overly dedicated and protective mother and our awesome friends!!  Every single one of them is SOO important to me and I feel so grateful to have them all in my life!!
And i bet you're wondering about the name of this post.... my dad's response to all of this. "hey i didn't know Mike Tyson was in town?  Now we can call him Cart-Ear"   Nice dad! Nice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment